February 21, 2012 — Entertainment — 1 Comment
The Oatmeal posted a perfect depiction of stubborn media companies refusing to change. Wake up HBO, upgrade your archaic pie charts, and at least make it possible to sell to the modern consumer. The one that lives in reality, the one that doesn’t want to wait months after an entire season of a show is over to legally purchase and watch the first episode.
- I’m not going to upgrade my cable package to the obscene 700-channel package with HBO+HBO Go+Premium Everything for only $250 per month.
- I don’t have the cable package for you to upsell me from.
- I don’t have cable.
- I don’t even have a TV.
- I have a monitor that I hook into my computer and use Netflix, Hulu, and websites of media companies that get it.
- You aren’t incentivizing me to upgrade to your service, you’re forcing me to figure out another solution.
- There are a lot of people like me.